Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
The Benefitfocus Benefit Catalog is a robust, curated portfolio of health, wealth, property and lifestyle product solutions integrated into the employee enrollment experience. This offering is available to Benefitfocus customers to diversify their benefit package with personalized offerings to attract and retain top talent.
Benefitfocus is hiring for a Benefit Catalog Advisor that will be a trusted consultant to our employer clients and their brokers, helping them identify gaps in their benefit strategy where our health, wealth and lifestyle product offerings can fill a need. The Advisor will build or maintain relationships, consultatively work with the group and/or broker on placement opportunities and will be a stakeholder through the implementation process. The Benefit Catalog Advisor will also carefully and thoughtfully monitor and manage those benefit programs throughout the year.
- Proactive communication with brokers and employers to ensure placement and success of the Benefit Catalog products on the Benefitfocus platform.
- Successfully communicate the value proposition of the Benefit Catalog, while building trust across internal and external constituents.
- Lead activities to drive engagement and participation with the groups and their brokers through communication strategies or platform optimization
- Coordinate across departments within Benefitfocus to ensure successful delivery and ongoing support of the employer life and voluntary strategy
- May broker RFPs for new benefits or a change to current carriers
Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience in proactively identifying and closing new product opportunities within assigned portfolio of business
- Knowledge ofÂ broker and insurance industry with enterprise (1,000+ lives)Â market expertise
- Communication and presentation skills: proven experience presenting to prospects,Â customersÂ or senior leadership.
- Holds an active Life and Health license; candidate licensed in both L&A as well as P&C is preferred
- 3-5 years of industry related experience
- Expert-level employee benefitsÂ knowledge, specifically life and ancillary benefits
- Experience in cultivating and maintaining relationshipsÂ with employers, brokers, insurance carriers, and internal teams.
- Proven experience providingÂ outstanding insight and aÂ strategic perspectiveÂ to employee benefitÂ programs, to include but not limitedÂ to:Â design, analysis and recommendation
- Software or SaaS industry experience is a plus
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- Internal candidates: experience managing complex customer relationships as a CSM II or CSM I, or in a similar role with commensurate experience. Experience in a Sales-related role at Benefitfocus or prior isÂ preferable;Â knowledge of sales process. Previous sales experience and a proven track record of success is strongly desired.
- 35%Â travelÂ (with heavier travel during peak selling season; currently travel is on hold due to COVID)