Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PKâ€“12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Assets Associate to join our dynamic, dedicated PhD Science team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & WisdomÂ®, Eureka Mathâ„¢ and PhD Scienceâ„¢, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Assets Associate, PhD Science is a member of the science content team will report to and provide assistance to the Assets Coordinator and the PhD Science team at Great Minds. General duties will include; reviewing manuscript to determine asset needs, submitting those asset requests to the appropriate team, and then maintaining records about assets used in the program.
- Conduct photo research with stock agencies, archives, museums, photographer and individuals
- Research and confirm copyright holders for assets
- Confirm images meet minimum quality requirements for printing and publishing
- Review manuscript and submit asset requests in the Digital Asset Management system for requested assets
- Inform Assets Coordinator about high-risk requests and permission issues.
- Research and provide back-up image options as necessary.
- Work closely with content teams to understand their needs and supply the appropriate content.
- Maintain accurate project documentation and records.
- Understand the production process and file management of GM assets in the Digital Asset Management System
Relevant Experience and Skills
The Assets Associate, PhD Science maintains intimate knowledge of the content and framework of PhD Science curriculum and product line, has general science content knowledge, and is expected to develop and maintain intimate knowledge of national and state level standards for science, and industry trends.
The Assets Associate, PhD Science is competent with technology and is willing and able to learn new applications as needed. Strong and professional written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Familiarity with the rights and permissions process for images, videos, and text
- Familiarity with web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) is a plus
- Understanding of digital asset management systems
- Capability to work in multiple projects/products at the same time
- Knowledge in video usage a plus
- Understanding of basic copyright principles (public domain, fair use, etc.)
- Ability to assess image quality for printing and publishing
- Prior experience in the educational publishing industry
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Science background a plus
- Able to multi-task and work under tight schedules and deadlines
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office