Why Charlie Health?
Young people across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken hold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our young people are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to young people and families in crisis. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program, which places peers with similar mental health experiences and goals into customized virtual groups. Our team of masters-level clinicians lead groups multiple times per week to deliver a higher level of care.
Our goal is to help young people and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every young person—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About The Role
We are a startup with a big vision and your role will be essential to our success. You’ll be granted an unparalleled level of responsibility, as your efforts will literally define how many kids we are able to treat. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our team to facilitate admission for hundreds of at-risk youth. You’ll obsess (in a healthy way) over ensuring that every possible patient and family member feel taken care of by Charlie Health’s admissions team. This position is highly interactive and serves as a critical part of aiding our patients, as you will be their first introduction to Charlie Health. The admissions team ensures that all admissions processes are completed within the designated time and documentation is professionally presented.
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of the mental health crisis and play a formative role in providing life-saving solutions. We are looking for a candidate who is inspired by our mission and excited by the opportunity to increase access to mental health care that will impact millions of lives in a profound way.
- Champions each individual client’s Charlie Health admissions process and addresses/resolves concerns from clients/families around Charlie Health’s program
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of Charlie Health’s services, mission and vision and be able to pitch Charlie Health’s innovative and individualized clinical model to clients and families
- Engages prospective clients, families, and referral sources in a compassionate, inclusive, and professional manner
- Builds deep trust and rapport with patients, parents, and providers and drives admissions conversations to gather demographics, presenting problems, and treatment histories
- Hustles to remove barriers to high-quality mental health care, involving other team members to admit clients and/or refer them to the appropriate level of care
- Ensures consistent and timely coordination/communication with all prospective clients, families, and referral sources to advance clients into Charlie Health’s program
- Partners closely with internal team members including clinical outreach, patient experience, and business operations to coordinate admissions processes
- Maintains relevant and accurate records for each client including treatment consents, insurance information, and detailed communication summaries
- Adapts to organizational change and departmental restructuring to fit the needs of our clients, families, and referral
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, business administration, communications or relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in admissions and/or patient acquisition in the mental health setting
- 1-2+ years of Salesforce experience required
- 1-2+ years of experience using contact center technology
- Upholds Charlie Health’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Experience working with young adults and adolescents
- Familiarity with outpatient mental health settings and services
- Strong ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence
- Knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Charlie Health is pleased to offer comprehensive benefits to all full-time, exempt employees. Read more about our benefits here.
The expected compensation for this role will be between $50,000 and $65,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, compensation will be determined on an individualized basis and will be impacted by location and years of experience. Base pay is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Charlie Health-sponsored benefits. This role is not presently available in Illinois.