Employer: Boulevard Software
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Boulevard’s accounting team is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of Boulevard’s financial results, reporting systems, and all financial processes.
Take complete responsibility for ensuring that Boulevard’s partners are accurately invoiced, are timely in their payments and that invoicing adheres to professional and regulatory standards and properly reflects the business nature of our relationship with our partners. In addition, work cross-departmentally to establish and maintain proper processes for converting partner contracts and amendments into correct billing schedules.
What you’ll do here
- Review and, if applicable, process new subscription orders and subscription amendments in a billing system for monthly billing cycle, verifying documentation for pricing and required approvals
- Review and create various billing system audits to identify billing discrepancies. Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following established procedures
- Review invoices for completeness and accuracy
- Send invoices to customers by email or submit to customer payment portals
- Research and resolve customer billing issues & determine appropriate adjustments with proper documentation
- Responsible for managing collections of past due invoices
- Perform customer account reconciliations
- Assist in process improvements and process documentation related to billing and collections
- Implement revenue accounting operations and revenue close in accordance with GAAP and revenue policy. Ensure proper recognition of revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled receivables
- Participate in annual financial accounting audit, ensuring our processes are set up to capture and maintain a set of â€œaudit proofâ€ evidence that supports the delivery of each performance obligation to substantiate revenue recognition
- Identify, design and implement operational improvements as needed and make recommendations on tools and software that integrate with related policies and systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years related billing experience in a fast paced, medium to large company; SaaS billing experience preferred. Advanced knowledge and understanding of billing transactions and processes. Strong technical accounting knowledge, specifically with ASC 606, is preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study preferred
- Self-Starter: The ability to manage multiple project timelines with minimal supervision or direction without sacrificing your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Detail Oriented: Incredible focus on the small details, with an ability to correctly translate contract details into billing schedules and invoices. Ability to analyze quotes and contracts to understand billing requirements.
- Timely: Strong track record of initiative in non-standard situations. Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Technical: Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite strongly preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially with partners who have outstanding payment issues.
- Take a breakÂ whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remoteÂ so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priorityÂ so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the futureÂ with a 401(k) option.