Provide a quality and timely experience for clients with each interaction, and support internal staff where appropriate. Receive inbound calls from internal sales agents, complete applications accurately, and complete numerous types of policies, often during the same interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, carriers, partners and internal staff members
- Record detailed notes in AgentCubed for each client and each interaction
- Document in the client’s record pertinent issues during application process as well as the disposition of the application if unable to proceed at that time
- Read and clearly communicate scripting verbatim; record and save as required
- Interact with various carriers to complete applications and follow up with clients to ensure all necessary documentation has been obtained and transmitted accordingly
- Manage all types of calls to assist the clients complete their applications in full and/or provide additional assistance as necessary
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 6+ months of customer service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to type a minimum of 45 WPM
- Ability to navigate multiple screens at once
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to partner and participate in teamwork with other departments
- Flexibility with scheduling around business needs
- Must be able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise and enable your team members’ mutual success as the organization continues to grow
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess high attention to detail
- Works independently with little supervision
- Consistently demonstrate time management skills throughout business day
- Demonstrate punctual and stable attendance pattern
- Hours will be pacific standard time based
- Previous experience within a call center, medical office or in Insurance related field
National General prides itself on offering our employees a robust Total Rewards package which includes base salary. The base range offered for the role is: $43,680 – $47,840 and may vary based on internal equity, and job-related skills, knowledge and experience; among other factors. Other financial components may be added as part of the competitive compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
National General Holdings Corp., a member of the Allstate family of companies, is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.