Employer: Action Network
Remote anywhere in the US
The Action Network is an exciting sports media business that builds products and creates content to inform and entertain the sports bettor. The sports betting and fantasy sports space is massive ($170bn in the US), growing and underserved from a product and content perspective, and we have the talent, domain expertise, and passion to win the space.
We are looking for a creative, motivated, passionate Staff Writer to join our growing Content and Editorial team. This person will work with all of our writers and editors to create written content covering sports, betting, breaking news, daily fantasy, and other topics, often with actionable betting advice.
ResponsibilitiesTechnology Used by Successful Businesses
- Research and write stories with actionable betting advice
- Create other/non-actionable compelling written content that stands out from the competition
- Promote Action Network app by tracking picks, sharing content on social platforms
- Build an individual brand on social
- Appear on podcasts & live shows as necessary
- A passion for sports and an understanding of sports, sports betting, and/or daily fantasy
- The ability to research and write thoughtful, engaging content that drives readership
- Meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to think critically and creatively about the type of premium content and tools that are of interest to invested sports fans
- The availability to work some nights and weekends
- Bonus: Existing audience on Twitter or other social platforms
- The company offers a competitive health insurance package with great benefits, including unlimited vacation and a competitive 401k plan. The benefits plan presently includes Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Supplemental life insurance, and Long / Short-term disability coverage.