Remote Call Center Representative – AdventHealth Medical Group
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person & Mental Health Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift: Monday- Friday 7a-7p availability (8hr shift)
The role you’ll contribute:
The Centralized Referral Agent is responsible for planning, controlling, organizing and directing the day-to-day operations and activities of the physician affiliate office or physician department in conjunction with Practice Manager and/or Director of Practice Operations.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Answering inbound phone calls to the Referral Center in a polite and professional manner
- Answering, accepting, and completing in-bound tasks of referring providers who need to find the next level of care for their patient
- Faxes or makes phone calls to both the specialists offices and the patients regarding patient appointments
- Contacts insurance companies for prior authorizations for referrals ensuring referred to provider is in-network with patient’s insurance plan
- Mailing new patient paperwork and referral information to patients
- Contacts the patient regarding any in-progress or pending referrals. Maintains ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referral tracking database as well as in the patient’s HER
- Communicates with clinical staff and physicians with any issues that may arise with the patient’s referral, or the need of further follow up care
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely, consistent, and organized manner to avoid the delay of care for the patient
- Computer proficiency required-in Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Call Center/Practice Telephonic Experience for In and Out bound calls.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in various clinical areas inpatient or outpatient practices desirable.
- One years’ experience as a lead role in a medical setting or other health care related role.
- Experience working in a call center environment, highly preferred
- Associate Degree preferred.