Employer: Allegis Transcription
Since 1996 Allegis has provided premiere transcription services to industry giants through large, long-term contracts. This combination of volume and stability allows Allegis the opportunity to provide work to a large and growing team of transcriptionists across the country. Integrity, care, and connections with our transcriptionists are integral to our success and set Allegis apart as a contract of choice.
Allegis transcriptionists work remotely as independent contractors providing high-quality legal and insurance transcription. Contract work is available for a wide range of experience types including options to begin transcription work for the first time.
Working with Allegis
Allegis offers fair market per-page pay rates as well as access to an abundance of work with the expectation of significant growth for the foreseeable future. We also offer:
- A quality development program to introduce standards and processes
- A transcription community network with discussion forum and resource library
- A transparent QA feedback program
- An accessible support team
Allegis requires the ability to consistently and independently transcribe multi-speaker audio recordings completely, accurately, and in adherence to formatting standards and quality requirements. This also includes:
- Fast and accurate typing and word processing
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Aptitude for discerning challenging audio and accented speech
- Processing and responding well to quality feedback
- Reliably meeting established deadlines
- Available and willing to commit time to an initial quality development program
- Availability to meet per-week production minimums
- Up-to-date PC with Microsoft operating system (8+), anti-virus protection, and Word (2013+)
- High-speed internet connection
- Foot pedal and headset (and audio player for legal work)
- Proficient, self-sufficient hardware and software use and maintenance
Search the internet and ask the transcription community at large – Allegis offers a great opportunity to work from home yet still be a part of a community dedicated to getting the job done right.