For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are a global company at the intersection of education and technology, focused on collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place to work.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
The Student Accounts Representative is primarily responsible for monitoring of collections and aging for past due student accounts as assigned by cohort in order to provide successful resolution for delinquent accounts including payment receipt through continued student contact via outbound telephone, e-mail, and other forms of communication. The ultimate goal of this position is to maximize cash flow and collections from students utilizing a customer-focused approach.
The key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor all assigned student accounts for accuracy in terms of expected payments on past due accounts.
• Contact students with delinquent payments with prescribed number of contacts via inbound and outbound calls as well as other means in order to achieve predetermined collection goals.
• Bring delinquent accounts current by working out satisfactory payment terms including setting up student payments and obtaining promissory notes.
• Receive and process inquiries from the Office of Returning Students as they relate to open balances for students who have expressed an interest in returning to the University.
• Set up and process automatic and recurring credit card payments and/or deferred billing for employer reimbursement.
• Prepare and provide regular and ad hoc financial reports as required for the school’s operations including aging, write off and other trend related reporting.
• Work with counterparts in other functions to research delinquent accounts that are in dispute while recommending adjustments where appropriate for misapplied payments, tuition reversals, and other transaction errors in order to bring about resolution.
• Review out of school balances for assigned cohort and recommend write off and/or placement with third party collection agency.
• Performs other comparable job duties as assigned by supervisor and other finance department management.
Qualified candidates will possess the following minimum qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in collection procedures and processes, with particular emphasis on dispute resolution and related transactions is highly desired.
• Experience working in an automated call center environment and knowledge of financial billing systems is also a plus.
• Comfort in a high volume production environment and ability to meet established deadlines and goals.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
And so much more!