TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job…
Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 100+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards.
TransPerfect Connect is looking for Experienced Spanish Interpreters to work remotely from home.
Quite simply, Interpreters play an irreplaceable role in our success as a company. They are the ones who allow us to enable global communication for all, no matter the language barrier.
The perfect interpreter aspires to be a fantastic advocate for our end clients, utilizing their talents to deliver superior consecutive interpretations. So, whether you’re helping a family get a loan for their first house or a child speak with her medical professional, we want someone who is ready to use their language abilities to help others.
What We’re Looking For
In order to be a TransPerfect Connect Interpreter, it is required that our applicants are fluent in English and Spanish at an above average level, able to pass a language assessment, and able to consecutively interpret conversations with ease and accuracy.
We provide all Remote Interpreters with two weeks of paid remote training. The program is intended to expand our applicant’s knowledge of industry-specific terms and protocols. Applicants complete their training once they hold successful practice sessions with experienced interpreters.
After remote training, Interpreters will be expected to demonstrate excellent customer service practices, communicate all information clearly and accurately, and adhere to work requirements. Successful Interpreters will have the opportunity to learn new subject matter, become qualified to service more challenging call types, and advance their careers.
Why Be An Interpreter With TransPerfect?
TransPerfect Connect is the world’s leading provider of remote interpreting solutions. Because of this achievement, some of the most prestigious brands and organizations in the world are partnered with TransPerfect Connect, giving you the experience and opportunity to be on the front line for these corporations.
But at the end of the day, what this position gives you is the chance to make a difference. To make a difference to the tens of millions of people that don’t have the ability to communicate freely. To make a difference in your own life, as the interpretation industry is growing faster and faster each and every year. To make a difference for your future, as many of our former interpreters are now in managerial and supervisory roles. Do you want to make a difference?
TransPerfect Connect offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, company-sponsored life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account options, and a proactive and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff’s health and happiness.
- A minimum of 6 months of formal Over-the-Phone (OPI) or telephonic interpreting experience.
- Ability to pass a language assessment
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Preferred: Recognized certification in language interpretation (healthcare, legal or community)
- Preferred: College degree
Required work tools to Work from Home:
- A Windows or Mac computer (4GB RAM or higher) connected directly to an Internet modem or access point
- A dedicated landline/Voip telephone with no features (i.e. no call waiting)
- The telephone should have a headset that connects to the phone using a cable (not a wireless headset)
- Broadband (high-speed Internet connection)
- Windows 10
- A quiet workspace/home office with no distractions
- A picture of workspace and verification of dedicated landline/voip with no features is required
Conditions of Employment – You are required to meet all the following requirements at the time of applying:
- You are required to be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident living within the U.S. for the past 3 years.
- You are required to successfully pass both a general employment and federal background investigation.