Fully Remote position Starts January 15, 2024
Must be able to work any shifts that fall between the hours of 7:00 am -8:00 pm CST Monday-Friday.
You will be helping solve educators’ insurance needs. The Service Manager will support you. You will be responsible for helping our customers with questions about their insurance policies. You will be able to help our customers protect their assets. You will be working in the area of Property and Casualty, answering phone calls, emails, and chats. You will be able to show your customer services skills to help retain customers. You will be able to earn your Property and Casualty license and keep your license if you already possess one.
- Develop strong knowledge of Horace Mann Property and Casualty insurance products, services and policies
- Drive Property and Casualty profitable growth and retention by providing proactive, solution-based, consultative service, up-sell and cross-sell of insurance solutions to existing customer base
- Use critical, independent analysis and judgment to investigate, and problem solve Customers’ inquiries via phone, email, and chats
- Meet and/or exceed individual customer service and quality goals by executing the customer experience service model
- Maintain compliance within every interaction by adhering to all applicable company and state rules and regulations
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality, integrity, customer experience and agent experience
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or high school diploma/GED with 4 years of business experience
- 2+ years of experience in customer service or sales role
- Obtain Insurance Producers License and Non-Residence License within 6 months of hire and maintain after that
- Successfully complete the Service Rep trainee program
- Insurance or Finance industry experience preferred
- Skilled in interpretation and basic calculations of data
- Skilled in influencing and effectively communicating with customers and other stakeholders
- Skilled in active listening, system navigation, research, problem-solving, critical thinking, organization and time management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as the flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment
- Sedentary work environment; be able to sit 100% of the shift
- Available to work between 7:00 am through 8:00 pm and some Saturdays. Consistent attendance behavior is vital to the success of the position
- A quality internet connection is required to ensure a consistent audio quality is maintained for the customers and minimize potential negative impacts from weather or conflicting signals.
- An Internet Speed test must be run to verify an internet speed of at least 10mb/s download 1mb/s upload.
- Employee must have a private, organized location removed from daily household distractions. The employee is expected to maintain a professional working environment by controlling any outside distractions such as barking dogs, slamming doors, and interruptions by family members. Prospective employees are encouraged to discuss expectations of working from home with family members prior to entering into the WFH agreement
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from NYC
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.