Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do – and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people – with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
Location: Remote but must be in FL
Top 3 things we’re looking for: 1 – Advantage / process knowledge, 2 – Compliance federal and state regulatory knowledge alignment and system agility. This is a very highly regulatory process for our military service members, white glove servicing while providing account maintenance and correspondence as needed. 3 – Professionalism and experience is always a plus!
If you are skilled at customer service and love to help people find solutions, this may be a great fit for you! You’ll be helping our customers while working in a fun team environment. You’ll leave at the end of the day feeling like you made a difference. As an Ally team member, you’ll be contacting Ally auto loan customers to remind them about late or missed payments, getting the facts about the reasons for delinquency and helping customers bring their accounts current by negotiating payment arrangements. We offer the respected history of a great brand and excellent benefits. The team receives extensive training with an emphasis on compliance, and negotiating and selling skills to ensure collection routines are consistent and based on industry best practices. Visit http://www.ally.com/about/careers to learn more.
The Work Itself
- Handle accounts with speed and accuracy while maintaining professionalism while assisting our SCRA customers
- Complete phone calls to meet required compliance, regulatory and state specific laws or standards
- Maintain established objectives for net losses; stay informed of changes in policies and procedures.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Utilize several computer programs to create letters, save files, research, communicate electronically, etc.
- Respond to customer, attorney or 3rd party inquiries via telephone, Shaw collection and Shaw Recovery workflows, Advantage case progressions, CRTS and/or e-mails within established time frame.
- Evaluate accounts to find a win/win solution to avoid repossession loss.
- Document all accounts accurately, clearly and concisely noting reason for hardship and potential repossession loss.
- Responds with accurate information pertinent to the caller’s questions using professionalism and integrity.
- Adhere to all state and federal laws in the handling of accounts.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with customers and internal employees
- Review legal documents presented to the courts and customer for accuracy and completeness
- Follow-up with counsel for deadlines/updates
- Utilize your excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Escalate more complex or difficult issues to a higher level or management
- Prepare documents with accurate and complete details
- Verify Replevin documents
- Consult and collaborate with external counsel (Attorneys) to determine proper steps for Replevin cases
- Route files to appropriate personnel in a timely fashion by quickly determining the right next step
The Skills You Bring
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in SCRA department or similar industry preferred.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in business or related may be used as a proxy for the experience.
- Excellent listening, oral – written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Skip tracing skills preferred.
- Good follow up skills.
- Persuasive negotiation skills.
- Microsoft Windows and Internet-based applications experience required.
- Basic typing/data entry skills.
- Strong ability to identify potential loss situations and make appropriate recommendations to mitigate loss.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Performance Measurements may include:
- Maintain key performance metrics at required levels.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions related to moving forward with replevin action/lawsuit
- Strong knowledge of all requirements for repossessions and replevin action.
- Ability to make recommendations to management on unique collections cases
- Ability to skip trace an account to identify collateral location and/or location of buyer or co-buyer or their representative.
- Customer Service Skills: quick on the phone problem solving and a willingness to research any issue timely
- Microsoft Windows and Internet-based applications experience required
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Our Total Rewards program includes industry-leading compensation and benefits plus additional incentives that are designed to meet your needs and those of your family so you can get the most out of your career and your life, including:
- Time Away: 11 paid holidays, 20 paid time off days, and 8 hours of volunteer time off, yearly (paid time off is prorated based on start date)
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan pay downs and 529 educational save up assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee stock purchase plan, and financial learning center and financial coach access.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including medical, dental and vision, employee, spouse and child life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions, Healthcare FSA, critical illness, accident & hospital indemnity insurance, and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility assistance as well as paid parental and caregiver leave, Dependent Day Care FSA back-up child and adult/elder care days and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including Mentally Fit Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
- Other compensations: depending on the role for which you are considered, you may be eligible for travel allowances, relocation assistance, a signing bonus and/or equity.
- To view more detailed information about Ally’s Total Rewards, please visit this link: https://www.ally.com/content/dam/pdf/corporate/ally-total-rewards-snapshot.pdf
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on “Doing it Right” and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers.
Base Pay Range: An individual’s position in the range is determined by the scope and responsibilities of the role, work experience, education, certification(s), training, and additional qualifications. We review internal pay, the competitive market, and business environment prior to extending an offer.