Employer: CVS Health
This is a bilingual English/Spanish speaking permanent, fulltime, workfromhome position, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Coordinating prevention and wellness activities for Medicaid recipients in Florida specifically designed to promote the importance and benefits of accessing timely preventive and well care through targeted live telephonic outreach.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Conduct live telephonic outreach to Medicaid recipients and network providers to remind and promote utilization of preventive services.
- Target phone calls to Medicaid recipients who have not had recent visits with a health care practitioner.
- Assist members to obtain the recommended health care services to improve member health outcomes.
- Identify barriers to accessing health care services and taking appropriate action to address such barriers (i.e., assist with scheduling doctor appointments, coordinating transportation services).
- Educate Medicaid recipients on the importance of preventive health care.
- Support quality initiatives, regulatory, contractual and/or accreditation requirements, including but not limited to HEDIS.
- Collaborate with providers and physician practices to collect medical records for HEDIS.
- Attend HEDIS trainings, conferences, seminars, and/or other professional organizational meetings as needed, to support and promote the business objectives.
- Ability to track and report on outreach activities.
- Actively participate in the production of periodic member and provider newsletters, submitting HEDIS and/or prevention/wellness articles.
- Collaborate with various members of the health care team members to develop interventions and initiatives for the benefit of Medicaid recipients, promotes adherence to treatment plan and health literary
- Effective communications/influencing skills applied to broad internal/external audience.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Teams, internet research).
Minimum 1year recent experience with or related to:
- Live telephone outreach to health care consumers.
- Health education.
- Working with local health departments, agencies, and/or organizations in underserved communities.
COVID19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Background in managed care, care/case management or population health.
- Experience working with adult and pediatric populations with physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Recent experience with data collection and medical record abstraction for HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set).
- Current Florida license as LMHC or LCSW.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a health-related field (health education, etc.) preferred.