General Purpose of the Job: The Patient Education team supports Kidney Smart, DaVita’s Chronic Kidney Disease patient education program. The Kidney Smart program is designed to educate and empower patients and their families around understanding and managing Chronic Kidney Disease. Kidney Smart classes are held at no-cost in neighborhoods across the country by certified Kidney Smart educators.
The REMOTE Patient Education Coordinator will be instrumental in assisting divisions and teammates across the country in getting participants into a Kidney Smart class. The Kidney Smart Coordinator will help increase capacity of our ops and field teammates so they can focus their time on scheduling patients and caregivers for effective and impactful CKD Education classes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the REMOTE Patient Education Coordinator:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Administrative duties as needed by the Patient Education Team
- Coordinate, schedule and provide recaps of program-related meetings and calls
- Generate reports in Salesforce for internal use to support with patient outreach
- Assist with call schedules for Patient Education Team and field teammates
- Data Entry and quality into key system, Salesforce
- Provide support for virtual educators by entering post-class data into Salesforce
- Enter recommendations and class data into the Salesforce system as needed
- Review and correct data entry errors in Salesforce
- Provide external call support
- Make reminder and no-show calls to Kidney Smart class registrants
- Support local teams in making additional scheduling and rescheduling calls in areas around the country
- Answer calls that come in through the 888-MY-KIDNEY line, and provide any additional call support that may help to support the Patient Education Team and field teammates
- Comfortable with field teammate support and training teammates
- Manage additional shared outlook inboxes for the Patient Education team
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Travel required: minimal as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for the REMOTE Patient Education Coordinator:
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related degree and/or 2+ years of experience in an administrative or customer service position
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently while executing on multiple tasks and prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to be near a phone/computer to receive/return Kidney Smart calls during working hours
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THE REMOTE Patient Education Coordinator:
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Friendly and professional demeanor to speak with patients and physicians
- Excellent time management & ability to work well without direct supervision
- Good communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn & adapt to new IT systems
- Experience working and tracking tasks in Salesforce (preferred)
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced, changing environment and to follow through on tasks and assignments
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions,
duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in
general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching; moderate range of body motions
- Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person clearly and efficiently; ability to make effective presentations to management at all levels
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time
Level III – Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be
encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or
other hazardous conditions. Normal hazards associated with occasional business travel.
What We’ll Provide
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
· Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
· Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
· Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform Star Learning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range$17.50 – $30.00 / hour
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. *If this position is located in a region with minimum wage requirements, we will not pay less than the applicable minimum wage: Denver: $17.29/per hour for nonexempt roles, Colorado: $50k/year for exempt roles.