Marco is a high-performing technology services company with a track record of creating rewarding careers. Whether you are early in your career ready for an exciting opportunity, or an experienced professional eager to elevate your skills with a Print & IT services and consulting industry leader, then you have come to the right spot.
More about us. We make business technology Simple. Secure. Better. We do it all – from hosted/cloud services, copiers/printers, managed services, phone systems, document management, business IT services and audio/video systems. We are an organization with strong partnerships between sales and service. We have hundreds of sales professionals, engineers, and technicians ready to fix any and all customer problems. With over 50 years in the industry, Marco has a Gold Standard Culture with a focus on employee engagement, client satisfaction, vendor partnerships, and community partnership.
Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.
The Support Desk Specialist is responsible for providing quality services and solutions to our clients while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction. You will provide phone support, remote troubleshooting and administration.
- Provide technical support and remote help desk services to Marco clients, escalating when necessary.
- Review current systems and make technical/process recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Identify reoccurring issues in client’s environment and proactively provide recommendations to improve efficiency, performance and reliability of client’s network.
- Maintain client documentation.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Accurately maintain documentation and comply with service administrative procedures in a timely basis to include time entry.
- Ability to perform in a call center environment.
- Supporting multiple companies with end user requests and third-party business applications.
- Efficiently communicate with technical and non-technical end users.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Please note the job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current certifications to include any of the following:
MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate), CMNA, CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician), CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator), VCA, EMC-SA, BAIS, A+, N+ or Security+ preferred.
- Solid understanding of the administration of network operating systems, applications and services found in a client environment.
- Proficiency with business collaboration tools such as MS Office applications.
- Communication – Must possess strong communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Commitment – See that tasks are completed from start to finish. Demonstrate thoroughness and commitment.
- Initiative – Must possess the ability to be a self-starter and take initiative. Work to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner however if you can’t resolve it yourself, use resources to find someone who can.
- Flexibility – Adapt to changes in the work environment. Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Teamwork – Contribute to a positive team spirit by working with others on a combined task. Make contributions to the task and share the responsibility of the outcome. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views and welcome feedback.
- Time Management – Must possess the ability to prioritize several tasks and keep them running simultaneously (multitasking). Be able to recognize and respond to changing priorities in order to meet deadlines.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This job operates in a professional office environment, while working remotely from a home office. Hours are for overnight shift. Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
We’re not just competitive when it comes to business tech – we’re also pretty proud of what we offer our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays and vacation, 401k with generous company match, flexible spending accounts, employee purchase program, employer-paid life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness and accident benefits, and pet insurance. Yes, we care about your furry family too.
*all benefits are dependent on employment status