At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000 strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
World Fuel Services Corporation is a Fortune 250 company. We provide energy, logistics, and technology solutions to aviation, marine, and land customers and suppliers around the world. Our global team of local professionals delivers innovative products and services at more than 8,000 global locations.
We offer sustainability solutions including renewable power sourcing with renewable energy certificates, evaluation, and management of both on-site and off-site solar projects with power purchase agreements, and sustainability strategy consulting.
Our mission is to create value for our business partners by delivering innovative solutions and logistics through a global team of local professionals.
World Fuel Services awarded the #39 spot on the Forbes 2021 America’s Best Midsize Employers to work for.
As Logistics Coordinator for World Fuel Services, you will act as our company’s first point of contact for drivers and Customer service calls. You will excel in this position, by having the ability to multi-task with little supervision. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you will also demonstrate superb organizational and interpersonal skills. You should have a positive attitude, analytical and problem-solving, good skills computer skills, good communication skills, a knowledge of DOT and OSHA rules and regulations, be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analyze daily product delivery requirements for fuel operations; prepare and assign driver work schedules.
- Manage fuel inventory systems; maintain on time delivery schedule for customers.
- Create the daily dispatch of fuel deliveries.
- Communicate with drivers regarding load requirements.
- Support customer calls.
- Provide an excellent service experience for customers.
- Ensure all accidents or spills are reported and documented.
- Create and maintain a Safety Culture; ensure all transportation operations comply with all facility, company, state and federal rules and DOT regulations.
- Maintain accurate fleet availability daily.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for supporting departments and functions.
- Performs other related duties, tasks, request, and directives issued from management as required.
Requirements, Competencies and Certifications
- Effectively uses time; anticipates obstacles, adjusts priorities as needs change and keeps others informed of progress.
- Great organizational skills with the proven ability to multitask and to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization.
- Knowledge of the oil/fuel industry.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Prior experience as a petroleum dispatcher preferred
- DOT and Hazardous training and experience preferred
What You’ll Love About Us
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options that includes infertility benefits. 100% coverage of preventative care, Dental, Vision, Teladoc, Employee Assistance Program
- Prepare for the Future. 401K Retirement Plan 50% match
- Rest and Relaxation. 3 weeks Paid Time Off and 8 Paid Holidays
- Financial Peace of Mind. Short-Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance covered by WFS.
- Learning and Development. LinkedIn Learning
- Additional Perks We Offer. Long Term Disability Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection