WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission..
The People & Culture team aims to establish ActBlue as a top employer of choice for people who are passionate about empowering small-dollar donors in our country. We attract diverse, talented employees and promote an engaging, inclusive culture where team members develop, thrive and catalyze positive change.
We seek a Human Resources Coordinator to aid with and facilitate the human resource processes in service of our growing organization. The HR Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the HR function as needed, including onboarding and offboarding processes, record keeping, offer letter creation and HRIS entry. The HR Coordinator will be an integral member of ActBlue’s People & Culture team and will report to the HR Director.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Answer employee questions on ActBlue’s policies and benefits
- Own employee onboarding processes and new hire orientation
- Own off-boarding logistics, collaboration (IT) and documents (e.g. COBRA)
- Become an expert in ActBlue’s HRIS platform (UKG Pro); own updates and data entry
- Create new hire and promotion/new role offer letters; salary change letters
- Responsible for maintaining personnel files and conducting reviews/audits
- Serve as point-person with ActBlue’s disability provider, MetLife. Answer general employee questions, process paperwork, track leave timing. Own Parental Leave processes
- Maintain HR internal wiki pages (Confluence), own HR updates in ActBlue’s bi-weekly internal newsletter (e.g. new hire announcements, promotions and holiday reminders) and keep HR calendar of dates (e.g. COBRA expirations)
- Serve as a member of ActBlue’s facilities and COVID response team
- Make changes to individual employee benefits as needed (e.g. life events)
- Maintain vendor relationship and posting of online compliance posters (federal and state-specific)
- Organize and maintain HR documents and spreadsheets
- Complete verifications of employment; unemployment insurance requests
- Collaborate with internal teams on culture initiatives, projects and events
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- You are committed to ActBlue’s mission
- You bring 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in Human Resources, People Ops or Talent Team functions
- General understanding of human resources principles, practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to handle a high level of sensitive and confidential employee information, maintaining confidentiality and always exercising discretion
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization
- Time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary range: $55,000-70,000
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times