After-Hours Corporate Travel Consultant
FCM takes a holistic approach to corporate travel, specializing in managing national and global travel programs for medium and large businesses.
Ranked as one of the world’s top five travel management companies, it has a business network in over 97 countries and global headquarters in London, Brisbane, Singapore and New York. Backed by the global strength of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), FCM combines local expertise and global experience to provide clients with a truly bespoke experience.
To learn more about FCM please click HERE
About The Opportunity
This role will have you providing exceptional service and ensuring smooth travel experiences for corporate clients including air, hotel, and ground transportation reservations via Sabre GDS during after-hours and unforeseen situations. Before you begin your role, you will spend three weeks (paid) training fully remote. This program will boost your knowledge, train you on contract airfares and sharpen your Sabre skills.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for handling urgent travel requests, providing timely assistance, and ensuring our clients’ needs are met, no matter the time of day.
**Please note that this is a remote after-hours position that requires working overnights, weekends, and holidays**
This position requires flexible hours and shift availability as determined by business need and client call volume.
- Effective Multitasking and Professional Client Rapport: Demonstrating the ability to work efficiently and multitask while maintaining a professional and positive rapport with clients.
- Maintain Service Level Agreements: Ensuring compliance with service level agreements to deliver timely and efficient travel assistance.
- Handle Rerouting and Exchange Processes: Expertly managing rerouting and exchange processes, ensuring minimal disruption to travel plans.
- Provide Travel Documents and Health Requirements: Keeping clients informed about all necessary travel documents and health requirements for their destinations.
- Ticketing, Phase IVs, Exchanges/Changes with Complex International Fares: Proficiently handling ticketing, Phase IVs, and exchanges/changes involving complex international fares.
- Compliance with Company Guidelines: Executing all responsibilities within company guidelines for customer service, documentation of PNRS (Passenger Name Records) and profiles, ticketing, invoicing, and maintaining accuracy throughout.
- Airline Rules and Regulations Knowledge: Staying fully informed about airline rules, regulations, tariffs, and fare requirements and applying this knowledge accurately to all travel arrangements.
- Internal Ongoing Communication: Engaging in ongoing communication within the team through provided channels to collaborate effectively and deliver cohesive travel solutions.
- Updates to Travel Managers and Team Leaders: Keeping Travel Managers and Team Leaders up to date with travel-related information, ensuring a united, consistent, and professional approach to client account management.
Experience & Qualifications
- Corporate Travel Industry Experience: At least 4-8 years of recent, prior experience in corporate travel management, understanding the unique needs and challenges of business travelers.
- Sabre Experience: In-depth familiarity with Sabre GDS (Global Distribution System) for fare calculations, itinerary management, and ticket issuance.
- Geography and International Destination Knowledge: A comprehensive understanding of global geography and international travel destinations to offer accurate advice and create optimal itineraries.
- Experience in Quality Control: Previous exposure to quality control processes to ensure the accuracy and compliance of travel bookings.
- Ticketing, Scripting, Changes, and Exchanges: Proficiency in ticketing procedures and scripting, along with the ability to handle complex itinerary changes and exchanges for both international and domestic travel.
- Expertise in Complex Multi-Segment International and Domestic Fares and PNRs: Proven ability to navigate and manipulate complex itineraries, international fares, and Passenger Name Records (PNRs) to meet client requirements.
- Strong Focus: The ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, even in fast-paced and high-pressure situations.
- Multi-task Capabilities: Proficiency in handling multiple urgent tasks simultaneously while maintaining efficiency and quality in each interaction.
- Sense of Urgency: A natural inclination to respond promptly to emergency travel requests and prioritize time-sensitive issues.
- Consistent Communication: Excellent communication skills to keep clients informed and reassured throughout the travel process.
- Customer Service: A deep commitment to delivering exceptional customer service with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Professionalism: A polished and professional demeanor when interacting with clients and colleagues.
- Empathetic: The ability to understand and empathize with clients’ travel challenges and concerns.
- Technically Savvy: Comfortable and proficient in using travel booking systems and various communication tools.
- Decisive: The capacity to make quick and effective decisions to resolve travel-related issues promptly.
- Problem-Solving Skills: A proactive approach to addressing challenges and finding creative solutions.
- Confidence: The self-assurance to handle high-stress situations and provide expert guidance to clients.
Work Perks! – What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering – You’ll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Paid Time Off *
- Up to 15 Vacation Days accrued per year – prorated upon hire and increased by tenure after 2 years of employment (up to 25 days)
- 5 Sick Days accrued per year
- 3 Personal Days
- 1 Diversity Day
- 1 Volunteer Day
- 8 Recognized Holidays
- Travel perks/discounts
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Health benefits including, medical, dental and vision
- Insurance including hospital indemnity, AD&D, critical illness, long-term and short-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k program with partial match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Plan – Ability to purchase company stock on Australian Stock Exchange with partial company match, subject to terms and conditions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
*Vacation, Personal, and Sick time accrual rates will vary based on full-time or part-time employee status. Recognized Holidays are either paid time off or, if required to work due to job requirements, holiday pay rate, and may vary depending on state.
Location – Remote, USA
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly pay rate of $28.85-$31.25. Hourly rate is dependent on relevant factors, including experience, geographic location, and job requirements.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Center Travel Group USA’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer co