Outpatient Surgery Facility Coding Specialist
- Be Part of A Team That Believes in True Partnership, Continuous Improvement, and Collaboration to Deliver High-Quality Professional Solutions!
- We are currently recruiting for remote credentialed OP Surgery facility medical coding specialists with at least 3 years’ experience in addition to any formal training.
- If you are a successful medical coding or auditing professional that will bring a wealth of experience to our team, apply today to take advantage of our flexible remote coding career opportunities.
- This is a W-2 employee, benefit eligible position working from your home office.
- Responsible for coding all diseases, operations and procedures on outpatient surgery charts according to ICD-10-CM, UHDDS, American Medical Association’s CPT-4 and ICD-10-PCS when necessary, according to client specifications. This does include GI Scopes & Pain Managemet procedures.
- Abstracts all codes paying particular attention to accuracy. Abstracts patient data per client specifications. Makes abstracting corrections as required per client.
- Responsible for keeping current on all Aviacode and client coding policies and procedures while ensuring all procedure changes and additions are understood. Responsible to discuss any unclear information needing clarification with supervisor and/or data quality specialist.
- Works with healthcare abstracting software ICD-10 data sets and encoder.
- Initiates physician queries in compliance with Aviacode and client specific procedures.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory changes and communicates these changes to Coding Supervisor
- Assigns appropriate and accurate codes to all assigned charts.
- Principals of ICD-10 Outpatient Coding
- Maintains accuracy of diagnosis code assignment per client and Aviacode Solutions policies.
- Maintains productivity levels per client and Aviacode policies.
- Maintains reports and their integrity by ensuring that all data is entered and recorded as directed by supervisor and director.
- Communicates in a responsible manner according to Aviacode policies
- Complies with HIPAA and Aviacode policies concerning patient data
- RHIT, RHIA, CCS AHIMA credentials required
- Must use own PC with Windows 10 PRO and dual monitors
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.