Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Opportunity at a Glance
The role is responsible for promoting student success through accurate and responsive advisement of the experiential learning experience and service-related areas, providing support, coaching and advocacy as needed for students throughout the experiential learning lifecycle. Through a team-based approach, this position is responsible and accountable for maintaining and coordinating experiential learning applications from submission to registration, the advisement of all students and serves as a primary point of contact for the student and experiential learning partners.
- Maintains complete knowledge and understanding of Chamberlain’s curriculum and programs to support students by providing a thorough review of program and expectations throughout their experiential learning experience.
- Prepares, documents, tracks and reports experiential learning placements and student data to assess student schedule, provide appropriate advising and identify triggers indicating a need for proactive outreach to support student progression.
- Reviews and approves sites and preceptors as appropriate based on academic rubric and escalate to academic team as needed.
- Coaches students to explore alternatives to overcome barriers to experiential learning experience. Makes appropriate resource referrals when necessary.
- Actively fosters relationships with internal functional areas and stakeholders to deliver an optimal student experience.
- Addresses student concerns by utilizing interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Provides training, guidance, and coaching to peers as needed including sharing leading practices with colleagues.
- Function as a role model for TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with our mission, vision, and purpose.
- Support approval documentation requirements for student placement working with partners and interdepartmental.
- Collaborative communication and negotiation with partners and preceptors to ensure student success and strong partner relationships.
- Facilitates clinical affiliation agreements and other types of written support with partners to support experiential learning placement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years customer service or related experience
- Experience with healthcare education
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to overcome objections and facilitate negotiations
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks; ability to adapt to change and balance competing priorities
- Ability to work a variety of office hours including occasional evenings and weekends
In support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country, the expected salary range for this position is between $19.91 per hour and $36.09 per hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation Days each Calendar Year
- 12 Paid Holidays + 2 floating holidays