Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
The Customer Support Trainer supports the Call Center to ensure that agents are providing the highest quality service to our clients. This position helps maximize customer support agents’ effectiveness by ensuring the agents have a thorough knowledge of PAR Technologies systems and hardware, can effectively troubleshoot, and resolve problems and provide a positive experience for our clients. The Customer Support Trainer provides actionable feedback and supportive coaching. They work with the managers and quality assurance team to follow-up on positive and negative feedback and identify opportunities for improvement based on root cause analysis.
As we continue our flexible workplace arrangements, it is crucial for our employees to ensure they have a reliable internet and cellular connection in place. Strong and stable connectivity in our work locations allows for smooth communication, seamless collaboration, and uninterrupted productivity.
Position Location : US Remote
The base salary range for this position is $48,000 to $58,000 USD per year commensurate with work location, experience, skills, certifications, education, and prior accomplishments. The position may be eligible for additional compensation, including a bonus, commission and/or equity, as applicable.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills, with focused attention to detail
- Ability to effectively direct the activities of others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop professional and cooperative relationships with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to identify and utilize different training methods based on learning needs of training participants
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to support and manage change
- Ability to work independently, elevating issues when necessary
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, internet use and navigation/use of computer software programs
What You will Do and Be Responsible For
- Facilitates robust training programs ensuring a smooth and efficient transition into the Customer Support operations.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team to ensure training aligns with most up to date Quality
Assurance requirements outlined by department.
- Monitor training participants’ comprehension of processes throughout the training period
- Reinforce training participants’ skills presented during training, such as computer applications, phone systems, and policies/procedures.
- Collaborate with the Training and Education Manager to develop and adjust training programs to ensure the information delivered is relevant and accurate.
- Manages classroom environment independently to ensure for a quality learning experience, and documents/evaluates employee’s readiness to succeed on the job.
- Manages and facilitates a blended learning environment with hybrid training.
- Collaborate with management to identify training needs and schedule training sessions accordingly.
- Maintain, develop, and organize current and accurate training material, learning activities, job aides, and class evaluations for classroom and continuing education instruction using instructional design techniques.
- Provides feedback to leadership regarding opportunities identified through training facilitation and recommends solutions and actions to improve performance.
- Works directly with cross functional departments to understand new products, systems, upgrade existing programs and policies that require development of recurrent training modules.
- Supports the creation, design and development of training curriculums utilizing traditional and eLearning strategies.
Why We Need You (Skill and Abilities)
- 2-3 years training experience
- Call center experience preferred
- Experience facilitating live (onsite and virtual) online training programs
- Strong time management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications
- Skilled in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making
- Open to occasionally working during evenings and weekends to meet deadlines or accommodate offshore or after-hours colleagues or trainees
- High school degree or equivalent