Employer: UnitedHealth Group
- Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get.
- Leading-edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions.
- Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably.
- There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
- It’s time for us to talk because at UnitedHealth Group, there’s never better time to lead.
- Healthcare is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas and bold vision are taking companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance.
- They can help you bring your impact to a whole new level.
- As a Contract Advocate on our Strategic Work Assistance Team (SWAT) you’ll support the Regional Contracting Teams nationwide with the network development of our Medicaid Markets, drive expansion of current business and assist with large market recruitment requests.
- You will negotiate with both Outpatient and Facility type providers. As you do, you’ll discover the backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the SWAT Contract Managers with new Group, Facility or Agency credentialing as needed
- Lead and/or assist with provider outreach as assigned to support recruitment goals
- Work on special request for attestation collection
- Collaborate with the SWAT Contract Managers, Regional Contracting Team, Provider Relations Team and Project Managers to assure recruitment goals are met and smooth transition of work back to the Regions once the recruitment is complete
- Assist with OP Contracting, as needed
- Clearly communicate contracting status of providers internal and external customers
- Contribute to a team environment that is compassionate, supportive, inclusive and goal driven
This role is all about challenge, relationships, and the ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment. As a member of the SWAT Team, you’ll partner with the Regional Network Teams to support various lines of business as we work on building effective relationships with large hospital systems, facilities, and behavioral groups. The environment is fast paced and demanding, so you will be changing priorities often and reacting to the needs of the marketplace.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Credentialing and/or Provider Services experience
- Knowledge of Medicare Resource-Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, OP Fee Schedules, Mental Health Coding, etc.
- Knowledge of provider and/or hospital contracting (Medical and/or Behavioral Health
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job assignments
- Telecommute is available for this role
- Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial Contracting experience for Behavioral Health
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting contracts
- Clear and Effective Communicator both Verbal & Written
- Knowledge of Sales Force and Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance