Looking for a new opportunity? At SuperCare Health you have the chance to reach your dreams by helping us in serving the healthcare needs of our ever-growing patient population. Matching passion with careers, here hard work has never been so satisfying.
Under the general supervision of the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, the Collection Specialist is responsible for collecting payments and applying to patients accounts which includes; patients, clients, and or referral sources.
- Understands the rules, regulations, appeal process and timely filing regarding insurance billing coverage and collection process.
- Understands payer determination, contract fees, covered or non-covered items, diagnosis, modifiers, valid HCPC, prescriptions, authorization, eligibility, etc.
- Records each transaction worked on a daily basis onto a Work Productivity Log.
- Evaluates EOB payment to determine transaction billed is paid in full according to current fees and contract. Rectifies any underpayments with the insurances for additional payment.
- Audits charts to verify documentation, such as the assignment of benefits, letters of medical necessity, authorization and other required documents.
- Performs manual or electronic processing of reimbursement claims.
- Ensures billing occurs in a prompt and timely manner as well as timely follow up.
- Works on claims, denials, suspension, appeals and aging reports to determine the appropriate follow-up action.
- Ensures that goals set for denials/correspondence and aged accounts are met within the set deadlines given by your supervisor.
- Maintains accurate and complete records concerning billing and collection activity including documenting the patient’s chart and system notes.
- Updates all patient information as necessary, request supporting documentation, copy of insurance card and other required information.
- Handles customer and insurance questions concerning account activity.
- Supplies supervisor or manager with current account status for collection evaluation.
- Shares with other team member’s relative billing, adjustment or collection information.
- Communicates problems and concerns with supervisor/ manager which may lead to inaccurate or untimely completion of reimbursement processing.
- Work on and follow up on other projects, as assigned.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited high school
- Two year experience in collections
- Knowledge of medical insurance payers, billing rules and regulations.
- Experience in healthcare, medical and/or HME industry (preferred).
- Computer literate and knowledge of USS program is a plus.
- Make best use of work time to complete projects and assignments as scheduled.
- Be able to work on multiple tasks. Plan and prioritize activities to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills with the ability to work in a very fast paced environment.
- Flexible Savings Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Observed Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Growth Opportunities
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Program
What SuperCare Health is About
“SuperCare Health is a comprehensive, post- acute care, respiratory services company, focused on managing high-risk respiratory patients in their homes.
Today, SuperCare health manages millions of lives annually, with a growing team of more than 400 members, and has one of the highest-rated satisfaction scores from both our customers and patients.
Our goal is to be the most trusted and preferred resource to manage high-risk, post-acute respiratory patients through our high-touch clinical team and high-tech, innovative solutions. Our end-to- end care solutions, from the hospital to the home, close gaps in care, reduce costs of care and improve outcomes. Our in-home services include ventilation, oxygen, CPAP/BiPAP, enteral nutrition, pharmacy services, and an expanding population health program.
We are uniquely structured to be a responsive and agile community provider, yet we also possess the stability and effectiveness of a large enterprise. As a thriving business, our chief focus is on what really matters: reducing hospital re-admissions, optimizing outcomes and improving the lives of patients with chronic care diseases, every day.`