The Claims FNOL Associate II serves as initial contact for basic claims reporting. This role is responsible for guiding the caller to the appropriate party based on their need and the relevant policy or claim and performing basic clerical duties.
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints, and faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Takes first notice of loss claims, explains the basic claim process, and provides information of a general nature to customers
- Receives, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customer or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Follows established guidelines specific to each claim report or inquiry
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to empathize with customer
- Performs routine tasks of basic complexity under general supervision
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good organization skills with timely follow-up skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- May need to be bilingual in English and Spanish
National General prides itself on offering our employees a robust Total Rewards package which includes base salary. The base range offered for the role is: $35,400- $41,620.80 and may vary based on internal equity, and job-related skills, knowledge and experience; among other factors. Other financial components may be added as part of the competitive compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
National General Holdings Corp., a member of the Allstate family of companies, is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.