Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company with local and national workplace recognition in multiple categories! Our world-class culture is shaped by dedicated Team Members who share a drive to succeed as professionals and together as a company. A great product, amazing people and our stable financial history have made us one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
Our Operations teams work with our consumers to promote great service, encourage them to bring their accounts current and resolve escalated issues. Team Members specialize in various segments of the contract life cycle to achieve the highest levels of performance. We are committed to providing career growth opportunities to our Team Members and we are proud of our record of promoting from within. Our flexible schedules, casual work environment and culture of having fun make this a Great Place to Work!
About this Position:
- Efficiently and accurately handle calls and assist consumers in building a better financial future by providing personalized solutions to their concerns, answering questions to help them understand their account, and removing barriers to help them make on time payments. We are obsessed with constantly improving the customer experience by showing PRIDE in the work we do, looking for new ways to exceed customer expectations with empathy, sincerity, and a commitment to one call resolution.
- Effectively educate the customer on how to resolve their issue through self-service options and payment options, where applicable.
- Professionally and respectfully provide exceptional customer service during every phone call.
- Ensure the information we depend on to contact and collect from these consumers is accurately maintained.
- Support additional customer service requests (ie: customer call backs, email follow ups, etc.).
Outcomes & Activities:
- Handle Incoming Phone Calls: You will spend up to most of your time on the phone effectively and efficiently handling consumer phone calls assisting with one-time and recurring phone payments.
- Provide exceptional Customer Service: You will leverage the Customer Service Call Quality model to understand how to handle each call in a manner that is respectful and helpful while providing consumers with accurate account information.
- Provide Support: You will handle all consumer requests such as document requests, contract questions and information inquiries.
- Promote Payment Options: You will proactively discuss payment options with no fees and/or lower cost with the customers when there is a fee associated with their payment. Also, offering AutoPay if the customer is calling to make a payment, but not currently enrolled.
- Adhere to Policies/Processes: You will need to remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines.
- Receive and Act Upon Feedback: You will need to be open to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor (training, workshops etc).
- Regular and predictable attendance as outlined in the Operations attendance policy
Knowledge & Skills:
- Manage your time effectively and adhere to attendance guidelines and complete work tasks in a timely manner.
- Actively listen and have effective communication skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude and tone while addressing a customer’s questions or concerns.
- Seek, retain, and share knowledge to help consumers resolve requests and understand the functions of other departments.
- Problem solver, with an ability to understand, interpret and act on information promptly and effectively.
- Self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a remote team environment.
- Open and receptive to ongoing feedback aimed at improving performance.
- Intuitive with the ability effectively offer options to better benefit the consumer needs.
- Speak clearly, professionally, and articulately on the telephone.
- Talk and type at the same time (talking with consumers while documenting relevant notes).
- Manage a set work schedule.
- Document account notes clearly and efficiently.
- Work independently in our remote environment and in a virtual team environment.
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks, sit and talk on the phone with a headset for up to 90% of the day.
- Identify basic computer components and assemble/troubleshoot company issued equipment by following both written and verbal instructions
- Operate company issued equipment, which may include a computer, headset, and camera
- Navigate within multiple computer programs simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook and Teams
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes, and legal guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish
- High speed internet connection with a minimum of 15mbph download speed
- Previous customer service experience in a call center environment.
- Experience in the finance or automotive industry.
- Experience in any position where you had to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Training & Schedule Requirements:
- Monday through Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PST
- Virtual Training will be conducted beginning 11/27.2023
- Monday – Friday: Scheduled shift 10am-7pm PST
- Saturday and Sunday: OFF
Targeted Compensation: $18.00–$19.00/hour, plus uncapped monthly bonus potential
Targeted Bonus: Uncapped monthly bonus potential based on individual performance. The estimated average bonus target for this position is around $800/month.
Our Company Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to be:
- Positive by maintaining resiliency and focusing on solutions
- Respectful by collaborating and actively listening
- Insightful by cultivating innovation, accumulating business and role specific knowledge, demonstrating self-awareness and making quality decisions
- Direct by effectively communicating and conveying courage
- Earnest by taking accountability, applying feedback and effectively planning and priority setting
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
We understand that your career search may look different than others. Our hiring team wants to make sure that this would be a fit not just for us, but for you long term. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!
We have great details around our stats, success, history and more. We’re proud of our culture and are happy to share why – let’s talk!
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent