Located within the Central Region (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, or Western Pennsylvania)
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
Pay Range: $52,800.00 – $79,100.00
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
**Qualified Internal applicants must apply before 10/20/2023 to be considered for this role**
About the role:
The Alumni Relations Liaison works closely with the regional team and the national Alumni team to help provide an engaging alumni experience for our growing alumni base. With more than 300,000 alumni across the country, WGU celebrates a vibrant, successful “Night Owl” alumni community. This Alumni Relations Liaison will help ensure that our alumni foster an affinity for the university by helping our graduates stay connected with the Night Owl network and the university. This position will interact with alumni to enhance the value of the WGU degree, connecting alum with networking and career support opportunities to enhance the lifetime return on investment. The liaison will identify inspiring success stories and connect them with the right opportunities to engage with others at the university, give back, and help enrich the current and future WGU student and alumni experience.
Candidates must be located within the Central Region (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, or Western Pennsylvania) to be considered for this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing alumni success database; connect alumni with opportunities to share their stories and build career connections through the Night Owl network
- Provide support to regional alumni efforts and events
- Participate in collaboration calls with university partners and take on assignments to help alumni team and partners accomplish their initiatives
- Support the team with planning and execution of Commencement Weekend activities, including Friday night’s Alumni Celebration and assigned duties at Saturday’s Commencement
- Support regional Distinguished Alumni Council events and outreach efforts
- Create content on alumni stories for newsletters, blogs, social media, etc.
- Assist with various alumni projects as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Versatile: Able to take on multiple projects, in varying domains, while leading through regular change.
- Enthusiastic: Ambassador for improving communications with our alumni and their WGU experience.
- Agility: Thrive in a fast-moving position
- Innovative: Willing to try new ways to solve problems, with a keen sense of finding long and short-term solutions
- Analytical: Driven by understanding metrics, what they mean, and how to continually improve
- Creative: Willing to collaborate with others to brainstorm and implement new and better ways of communicating with our alumni
- understanding of student/alumni journeys
- Proficiency with Salesforce and social media platforms.
- Strong creative and strategic mindset.
- Ability to understand and identify underlying business needs and problems in order to help deliver lasting solutions in a short timeline.
- Outstanding writing skills are required; multi-media content production skills preferred.
- Solid events management skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person and virtually.
What you’ll need…
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, English, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience working in alumni relations, marketing, public relations, corporate communications, or customer service
- Located within the Central Region (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, or Western Pennsylvania)
- Requires basic knowledge of standards and processes within a narrow scope of work.
Nice to have…
- Event planning experience
- Customer service skills
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout the region