Under general supervision, is responsible for handling all aspects of the student recruitment efforts in a fast-paced, results and compliance-driven environment. This position is responsible for helping individuals interested in attending Strayer enroll in the University by responding to inquiries, interviewing prospective students over the phone walking students through the entire application and enrollment process and consistently achieving performance objectives. This also includes partnering with other functions to provide prospective students with the information necessary to determine if Strayer would meet their educational needs such as program offerings, financial options, and satisfying academic prerequisites.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make a sufficient number of outbound calls and effectively respond to all prospective student inquiries.
- Set phone interview appointments.
- Interview prospective students to determine their educational background and future goals and objectives.
- Educate prospective students on the benefits of attending Strayer University, including our high-quality academic programs, convenient locations, flexible course offerings, and recommend appropriate course(s) of study.
- Assist prospective students with the application process and review qualifications for admission.
- Enroll new students and ensure appropriate basis of admission is obtained, all prerequisites are satisfied, and previous college transcripts are ordered if applicable.
- Ensure prospective students’ admissions files are complete and assist students with initial registration process.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to finalize enrollment process, including Student Services, Academics, and the University Registrar’s Office.
- Adhere to all University policies and procedures and federal, state, and accrediting agency rules with respect to recruitment.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a focus on achieving optimum results, while maintaining high ethical standards and attention to compliance with University policies and regulations.
- Must possess the energy and determination necessary to provide valuable and timely services to prospective and newly enrolling students
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 2-5 years proven customer service and/or sales experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent highly preferred
- Must be able to travel 10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Typical office setting and/or remote.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
At Strayer University, we’ve been educating working adults since 1892. That’s over 120 years of helping people earn their degrees and advance their lives. Today, we know working adults are busier than ever. That’s why we make education work with their schedule. Not the other way around. We offer convenient campus locations close to home or work in many states across the country, evening and weekend campus hours, and the flexibility to learn online, anytime. And we’re not just flexible. We’re accredited, respected, and recognized.