For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are a global company at the intersection of education and technology, focused on collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place to work.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
Job Description Summary
Kaplan is currently seeking to add to its collection staff, an important role in the Accounting function. This opportunity offers the right candidate a chance to grow and set the standard for this exciting new position. The ideal candidate for this role will be assertive, self-directed, innovative and driven by details and deadlines. This position reports to the AR Manager.
- Review all AR systems to identify delinquent students.
- Create collection plans for larger, more seriously delinquent students
- Contact all delinquent students via telephone and email for full payment.
- Employ efficient follow-up systems to track collections and broken commitments.
- Improve current procedures.
- Interact with divisional and corporate finance and accounting teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years commercial collection experience.
- Excellent Customer Service, problem solving skills.
- Polished and professional telephone manner.
- Proven analytical skills with passion for details and “digging in”
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills. Oracle experience a plus.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with superior attention to detail. Ability to organize and work with large amounts of complex information.
- Outgoing personality and ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with all team members serving various functions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats.
- High degree of maturity, diplomacy and professionalism. Self-starter and independent thinker who has the desire to work in a fast-paced organization.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
And so much more!
This position is a Salary Grade A
Job Functional Area Student Financial Services
Business Unit00072 Kaplan Test Prep
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible.